This Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th at the pā e te whānau 9am - 3pm (can go later of course) both days, come out both days if you can or one day, or half a day or 3 hours if that works for you, we appreciate it all, ka pai!
Pot Luck Lunch, bring something to chuck on the table ka pai!
There are a number of jobs to do; if you have gear to help with any of the following please bring it along.
TO NOTE - the marae does NOT have equipment we are the marae we have what we have so bringing your resources will help us out a lot NGĀ MIHI!
JOBS LIST; (there are more)
- clear broken furniture out of the barn.
- clean the barn, re-organise gear for pack down.
- clear out back silver shed & sort, organise or dump any broken gear.
- clean out Storeroom & sort, re-organise.
- clear gutters on the wharenui & tidy up gardens, sort at the back of wharenui, broken furniture, old mops etc.
- sort through meat room, kitchen cupboards, shelves, fireplace room any gear to be sorted out, re-organised, re-allocated.
- Hangi shed organised.
- Waieri Marae, assess, sort, tidy up (Aunty Sarah will tell us what’s needed here, so only on her instructions, if she says all good, kei te pai).
- Toilets on kitchen side any tidy up, clean up (non-plumbing) fix up possible.
- prune trees, clear rubbish, clean cupboards, wash down walls, PAINT?? Does anyone have any leftover paint around you would like to donate to the pā?? just a spruce up of some areas around the pā.
There are LOTS more jobs to do as well too many to mention. What we need are the hands (with own gear) to do it all please & THANK YOU!
We have ordered a SKIP for the marae (only) rubbish, but will only throw out anything that is broken or can’t be used again.
Ka pai whānau if you think of anything else (within our capabilities please just let me know) our main focus is a tidy up, clear out, ready for the pack down & the refurbishments to start.
If you have time either days please come along whānau WE NEED YOUR HELP, more hands, less work.
Ok see you on Saturday or Sunday thank you, whānau nei rā te mihi.